Tuesday, August 11, 2009

American Alien In Paris

Got asked to do a few things (cleaning, etc) since I had asked for instructions to help earlier, so I ended up staying here a bit longer. I was also asked to go on an archeological thing with Marine's father, so I happily agreed. Meanwhile, they've got two kids visiting... 10 year old girl and a little boy who is 5. They're quiet and polite.

The boy's never met anyone other than French people before. I assume this because after he heard me talking he asked why I didn't speak French and if I were an alien. As in, an ET alien. That was funny and cute, but I wish he'd stop staring at me suspiciously at the dinner table. Ain't no alien gonna travel a million light years to hang out and eat crêpes!

Although he's right in every other sense, I am from another world and have no idea what the hell is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment