Thursday, August 6, 2009

Power Converters and Electric Wizardy

I was kinda worried about finding a decent and inexpensive power converter once I got over here, cause I brought my Eee PC and wanted to be able to stay in touch with people. So I went to this big supermarket they have over here called Carrefour, which is kind of like a Wal-Mart... except it has two floors, it's in a shopping mall, and some sections are pretty gigantic, especially the grocery area. Why we Americans don't have more of that going on, I don't know, cause we're supposed to be the consumer whores. Anyway, you can buy anything you want, really. A baguette or four, some pâté, two bottles of Johnnie Walker Red, some lubricant, a Twilight dvd, whatever, just have a blast.




I, however, went there for a power converter and after standing around for 15 minutes waiting for a service rep to become available (one of the small annoyances about living over here after being in America), we finally got directions to a power adapter that didn't cost 60 god damn Euros. In fact it was like 8 Euros and it was universal. I hadn't seen those before so I was amazed. European jacks to American, vice versa, and everything else. It's like the swiss army knife of power adapters and if you're traveling anywhere I recommend you get one. Saves you from having to buy a new adapter for each country. Also don't fry your shit - my laptop was apparently made to withstand the conversion of power, I don't know if everything else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment