Friday, August 7, 2009

Still searching for a state of grace...

Spent most of the day doing just this



Smoking and sitting on the bed staring at a church. Listening to Street Dogs.

Feeling like you've over stayed your welcome isn't a good feeling, although it is becoming a more common and common experience for me. Guess that shows what point in life I've come to. It's hard explaining to the wife why I haven't yet found a place to volunteer at for sure, because nothing sounds good. Which isn't the point, it isn't supposed to be good, I guess, just work and a roof over your head. But how do you spend 100 Euros to fly to Ireland if you don't have it and how do you work in southern france when you have a hard time with the language? Either way, I try and not let any discouragement show. Gotta be the strong one.

It helps nothing to admit you've made a mistake either, although I'm not sure what the right course of action ever would have been. I'm not saying I'm giving up or that my plans are going to fail, it's just not easy and you can't admit that to someone who is already worrying themselves to death over other things. Gotta stay positive and "in the present" as a friend told me. Maybe I'll find something tonight. I hope so, because it's Friday and I planned on leaving this weekend. C'est la vie.

Here, have a Street Dogs song:

No comments:

Post a Comment